Category: Plant Protection
What is different about Daconil Action?
Daconil Action fungicide is a new fungicide containing the most utilized active ingredient in turf: chlorothalonil, plus a "Turf Protein Booster" enhancing active ingredient Acibenzolar-S-methyl. Unlike traditional methods of disease control, this active ingredient is not a fungicide as it has no direct effect against pathogenic fungi and bacteria. Instead, it acts much like a vaccination. When applied, Acibenzolar-S-methyl triggers the natural defense response, or the Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR), of the turfgrass by activating production of pathogenesis-related proteins (PR proteins). The PR protein boost awakens the turf’s resistance to biotic and abiotic stresses like drought. In addition, this internal response within the plant enhances its own defense system against certain fungal and bacterial disease attacks. Thus, Acibenzolar-S-methyl bridges the gap between genetic resistance and conventional disease control by activating the plant’s own natural defenses.
- Combines chlorothalonil with the Turf Protein Booster, acibenzolar-S-methyl
- Helps turf defend itself naturally against pathogens and environmental stresses
- Exhibits an additional unique mode of action, beyond chlorothalonil alone, which mimics the natural systemic activated
- resistance (SAR) response found in most plant species
- Enhanced control of dollar spot and anthracnose
- Suppression of new diseases including Pythium blight and bacterial wilt
- Enhances turf health and increases tolerances to biotic and abiotic stressors like drought tolerance
Label link: http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ldA8I000.pdf
SDS/MSDS link: http://www.cdms.net/ldat/mpA8I019.pdf
Product Number: CHM795-90086a
Product ID: 1211